A few more rules for readers added . I don’t know how many I’ll come up with, I’ll add to them as I work them out. (I’m aiming for 10 but I may run out of sense before then!)
1. Don’t impose too many rules on yourself!
2. Read widely. Books are about expanding your view of the world so don’t give yourself too small a window.
3. Read the classics when you’re younger. Then you’ll know about them.
4. If you’re not enjoying it then stop. It’s okay to give up on books, you don’t have to like them all.
5. Don’t skip bits. That poor author thought it was important, so read it, my friend skipped a whole section of Holes – Loius Sacher and to my mind missed the symmetrical beauty of the book!
Going well – The threads of the story are coming together in a predictable but not obvious way.